- 0.1 Chennai Suburban Trains New Time Table 2023
- 1 CHANGES IN CHENNAI SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES WITH EFFECT FROM10TH JULY 2023
- 2 Click Here
Chennai Suburban Trains New Time Table 2023
Chennai Suburban Train Timings 2023
chennai local train time table 2023
CHANGES IN CHENNAI DIVISION SUBURBAN SERVICES WITH EFFECT FROM 1ST JULY 2023
CHANGES IN CHENNAI SUBURBAN TRAIN SERVICES WITH EFFECT FROM10TH JULY 2023
The following are the changes in the Suburban Services of Chennai Division with effect from 1st July 2019. In CHENNAI BEACH – TAMBARAM – CHENGALPATTU – TIRUMALPUR – ARAKKONAM JN section, entire revamping of suburban train timings has been done in order to provide better frequency of trains with 7 minutes frequency during peak hours.
A. INTRODUCTION OF NEW TRAINS:
Seven new trains are introduced in the Chennai Suburban sector on and from 1st July 2019 as follows:-
Chennai – Arakkonam Section (1)
• A new train will be introduced on and from 1st July 2019 from ARAKKONAM JN to MOORE MARKET COMPLEX leaving ARAKKONAM JN at 05.30 hours and reaching at 07.30 hours. (At present there is no train from ARAKKONAM JN in between 05.05 – 06.00 hours)
Chennai – Gummidipoondi section (2)
• A new train will be introduced on and from 1st July 2019 from SULLURUPETA to MOORE MARKET COMPLEX, leaving SULLURUPETA at 05.00 hours and reaching MOORE MARKET COMPLEX at 07.20 hours
• Similarly, in the return direction, a new train from MOORE MARKET COMPLEX to SULLURUPETA will be introduced on and from 1st July 2019 leaving MOORE MARKET COMPLEX at 21.15 hours and reaching SULLURUPETA at 23.35 hours
Cross Sectoral Services (2)
• Existing EMU train running from Avadi to Chennai Beach, leaving Avadi at 17.00 hrs and reaching Chennai Beach at 17.50 hrs is now made as a cross sectoral train to Velachery for the benefit of through passengers from Avadi to Velachery, reaching Velachery at 18.35 hrs .
• Existing EMU train from Velachery to Chennai Beach leaving Velachery at 18.45 hrs and reaching Chennai Beach at 19.30 hours is now made a Cross Sectoral Train to Avadi for the benefit of through passengers from Velachery to Avadi reaching Avadi at 20.30 hrs.
Chennai Beach – Chengalpattu section (2)
• On and from 1st July 2019, a new train from CHENNAI BEACH to CHENGALPATTU will be introduced in the evening peak hours leaving CHENNAI BEACH at 15.55 hours and reaching CHENGALPATTU at 17.35 hours
• Similarly, in the return direction, a new train from CHENGALPATTU to CHENNAI BEACH is introduced in the evening peak hours leaving CHENGALPATTU at 17.50 hours and reaching CHENNAI BEACH at 19.39 hours.
B. REGULARIZATION OF PASSENGER SPECIALS: 8 TRAINS.
4 Passenger Specials operating on the Chennai – Arakkonam section, viz., MOORE MARKET COMPLEX to AVADI, AVADI to MOORE MARKET COMPLEX, and from CHENNAI BEACH to AVADI and AVADI to CHENNAI BEACH passenger specials have been regularized.
4 passenger specials operating as Cross Sectoral Services, viz., GUMMIDIPOONDI to CHENGALPATTU, CHENGALPATTU to GUMMIDIPOONDI, and from GUMMIDIPOONDI to TAMBARAM and from TAMBARAM to GUMMIDIPOONDI passenger specials have been regularized. (These 4 trains are operated from Monday to Friday only)
C. CHANGE IN PATTERN OF OPERATING LADIES SPECIALS AS LADIES/GENERAL TRAIN:
• At present 1 exclusive lady Special with 9 car rake is being operated between ARAKKONAM JN– VELACHERY – ARAKKONAM JN from Monday to Saturday in the morning and evening peak hours. Due to low occupancy, it will now be modified and operated as Ladies/General train, with front 5 coaches earmarked exclusively for lady passengers and rear 4 coach for general passengers.
• At present 1 exclusive lady Special with 12 car rake is operated from TAMBARAM to CHENNAI BEACH in the morning peak hours and 1 in the evening peak hours from CHENNAI BEACH to TAMBARAM. On and from 1st July 2019, it will be operated as 2 ladies/General train in both directions for the benefit of general passengers with front 6 coaches earmarked exclusively for lady passengers and rear 6 for general passengers.
D. ADDITIONAL STOPPINGS FOR EMUS:
In MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN section, 3 trains have been given 5 additional stoppings have been provided for 3 trains on and from 1st July 2019.
• Train No.66047 Moore Market Complex – Tirupaty EMU leaving MMC at 09.50 hrs is provided additional stoppage at Ambattur.
• Simillarly, Train No.66013 Moore Market Complex – Arakkonam EMU leaving MMC at 17.45 hrs is provided additional stoppage at Basin Bridge.
• Train No.43216 Tiruvallur – Moore Market Complex EMU leaving Tiruvallur at 08.15 hrs is provided additional stoppage at Perambur Loco Works, Perambur Carriage Works and Veysarpadi.
In CHENGALPATTU – ARAKKONAM JN Section, in order to meet the genuine demands from passengers, 2 trains have been given additional 8 stoppings without affecting running time on and from 1st July 2019
• Train No.40707F (new no 40903) Chennai Beach – Arakkonam leaving Chennai Beach at 18.07 hrs is provided additional stoppage at Takkolam
• Train No.40706F (new no 40904) only on SUNDAYS Arakkonam – Chennai Beach is provided additional stoppages at all stations between Chengalpattu and Tambaram.
CHENNAI – ARAKKONAM SECTOR
Change in timings at MOORE MARKET COMPLEX : (28) from 1st JULY 2019
• 43501 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUTTANI existing time of 04.00 is revised to 03.50 hrs
• 43103 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX -PATTABIRAM SIDING existing time of 05.00 is revised to 05.15 hrs
• 43203 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 05.15 is revised to 05.00 hrs
• 43205 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 05.55 is revised to 05.40 hrs
• 43405 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 06.45 is revised to 06.40 hrs
• 43503 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUTTANI existing time of 07.05 is revised to 07.40 hrs
• 66015 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN/ Tirupati existing time of 07.20 is revised to07.05 hrs
• 43107 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX- PATTABIRAM SIDING existing time of 07.25 is revised to 07.20 hrs
• P.Spl – AVADI MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – AVADI existing time of 07.30 is revised to 07.30 hrs
• 43903 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – Kadambattur existing time of 12.00 is revised to 12.10 hrs
• 43223 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 12.10 is revised to 12.00 hrs
• 43113 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX –PATTABIRAM SIDING existing time of 13.00 is revised to 13.15 hrs
• 43225 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX -TIRUVALLUR existing time of 13.20 is revised to 13.00 hrs
• 43415 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 13.40 is revised to 13.35 hrs
• 43227 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 14.00 is revised to 13.55 hrs
• 43509 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUTTANI existing time of 14.20 is revised to 14.15 hrs
• 43511 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUTTANI existing time of 15.30 is revised to 15.15 hrs
• 43233 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 15.45 is revised to 15.35 hrs
• 43419 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 16.00 is revised to 15.50 hrs
• 66011 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 15.50 is revised to 16.00 hrs
• 43237 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 16.55 is revised to 17.00 hrs
• 66003 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – AVADI existing time of 21.05 is revised to 21.15 hrs
• 43437 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 21.15 is revised to 21.05 hrs
• 43025 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – AVADI existing time of 22.00 is revised to 22.10 hrs
• 43439 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 22.10 is revised to 22.00 hrs
• 43255 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 23.10 is revised to 23.15 hrs
• 43029 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – AVADI existing time of 23.25 is revised to 23.35 hrs
• 43257 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 23.45 is revised to 23.55 hrs
CHENNAI – GUMMIDIPOONDI SECTOR
Change in timings at MOORE MARKET COMPLEX : (28) from 1st JULY 2019
42003 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI existing time of 05.55 is revised to 05.50 hrs
42019 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI existing time of 12.20 is revised to 12.10 hrs
42417 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – SULLURUPETA existing time of 15.35 is revised to 15.30 hrs
42027 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI existing time of 16.30 is revised to 16.35 hrs
42031 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI existing time of 17.35 is revised to 17.30 hrs
42037 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI existing time of 20.15 is revised to 20.45 hrs
42423 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX SULLURUPETA existing time of 20.35 is revised to 20.15 hrs
Change in departure timings at AVADI: (2)
43656 AVADI – VELACHERY existing time of 06.05 is revised to 06.00 hrs
43662 AVADI – VELACHERY existing time of 08.15 is revised to 08.10 hrs
Change in departure timings at Pattabiram: (1)
43872 Pattabiram – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 08.42 is revised to 08.40 hrs
Change in departure timings at Tiruninravur : (1)
43882 Tiruninravur – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 08.20 is revised to 08.10 hrs
Change in departure timings at TIRUVALLUR: (14)
43204 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 05.30 is revised to 04.55 hrs
43212 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 07.45 is revised to 07.40 hrs
66022 ARAKKONAM JN– MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 07.55 is revised to 08.05 hrs
43216 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 08.20 is revised to 08.15 hrs
43936 ARAKKONAM JN– VELACHERY existing time of 08.15 is revised to 08.20 hrs
43764 TIRUVALLUR – VELACHERY existing time of 13.40 is revised to 13.30 hrs
43508 ARAKKONAM JN– MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 13.35 is revised to 13.40 hrs
43904 Kadambattur – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 13.50 is revised to 14.00 hrs
43242 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 16.45 is revised to 16.35 hrs
43246 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 17.20 is revised to 17.15 hrs
43252 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 19.35 is revised to 19.45 hrs
43770 TIRUVALLUR – VELACHERY existing time of 19.45 is revised to 19.35 hrs
43260 TIRUVALLUR – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 21.55 is revised to 21.40 hrs
42832 TIRUVALLUR – AVADI existing time of 21.25 is revised to 21.35 hrs
Change in departure timings at Kadambattur : (2)
43902 Kadambattur -MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 06.10 is revised to 06.15 hrs
43904 Kadambattur -MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 13.40 is revised to 13.50 hrs
Change in departure timings at ARAKKONAM JN: (6)
43551 ARAKKONAM JN– TIRUTTANI existing time of 04.15 is revised to 04.05 hrs
43553 ARAKKONAM JN– TIRUTTANI existing time of 05.10 is revised to 05.05 hrs
66016 ARAKKONAM JN– CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 06.25 is revised to 06.20 hrs
43934 ARAKKONAM JN- VELACHERY existing time of 06.55 is revised to 07.00 hrs
66008 ARAKKONAM JN– MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 10.40 is revised to 10.00 hrs
43506 TIRUTTANI– MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 10.00 is revised to 10.30 hrs
Change in departure timings at CHENNAI BEACH
43662 AVADI – VELACHERY existing time of 09.15 is revised to 09.00 hrs
43934 ARAKKONAM JN– VELACHERY (LS/General) existing time of 09.00 is revised to 09.15 hrs
43659 VELACHERY – AVADI existing time of 21.25 is revised to 21.05 hrs
43663 VELACHERY – AVADI / PATTABIRAM SIDING existing time of 23.15 is revised to 23.25 hrs
43770 TIRUVALLUR – VELACHERY existing time of 21.20 is revised to 21.00 hrs
41131 CHENNAI BEACH – VELACHERY existing time of 21.00 is revised to 21.20 hrs
MRTS & CROSS SECTOR SERVICES:
43803 CHENNAI BEACH – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 04.25 is revised to 04.15 hrs
Change in departure timings at VELACHERY: (4)
43797 VELACHERY-PATTABIRAM SIDING existing time of 16.40 is revised to 16.35 hrs
41122 VELACHERY – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 20.10 is revised to 20.30 hrs
43659 VELACHERY – AVADI existing time of 20.30 is revised to 20.10 hrs
43769 VELACHERY – TIRUVALLUR existing time of 16.55 is revised to 16.50 hrs
Change in departure timings at TIRUTTANI:
43552 TIRUTTANI – ARAKKONAM JN existing time of 04.45 is revised to 04.40 hrs
43502 TIRUTTANI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 05.40 is revised to 05.35 hrs
43506 TIRUTTANI- MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 09.40 is revised to 10.15 hrs
Change in departure timings at GUMMIDIPOONDI: (4)
42024 GUMMIDIPOONDI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 12.55 is revised to 12.30 hrs
42026 GUMMIDIPOONDI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 13.35 is revised to 13.25 hrs
42608 GUMMIDIPOONDI – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 21.40 is revised to 21.45 hrs
42046 GUMMIDIPOONDI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 21.50 is revised to 21.30 hrs
Change in departure timings at SULLURUPETA: (1)
66026 SULLURUPETA – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX existing time of 12.00 is revised to 12.20 hrs
Change in departure timings at CHENGALPATTU:
40504 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 04.30 is revised to 04.35 hrs
40506 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 04.55 is revised to 04.50 hrs
40508 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 04.20 is revised to 05.05 hrs
40514 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 07.00 is revised to 06.55 hrs
40704 Tirumalpur -CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 08.03/08.10 is revised to 07.52/08.00 hrs
40520 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 08.05 is revised to 08.10 hrs
40708 Tirumalpur -CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 11.25/11.30 is revised to 11.47/55 hrs
40534 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 11.55 is revised to 11.30 hrs
40536 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 12.15 is revised to 12.20 hrs
40548 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 15.40 is revised to 15.45 hrs
66044 Melmaruvathur -CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 16.15 is revised to 16.10 hrs
40556 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 18.05 is revised to 18.10 hrs
40566 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 20.05 is revised to 20.15 hrs
40804 Tirumalpur – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 20.35 is revised to 20.45 hrs
40570 CHENGALPATTU – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 21.10 is revised to 21.15 hrs
Change in departure timings at TMLP: (2)
40704 Tirumalpur – CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 07.05 is revised to 07.00 hrs
40808 Tirumalpur -CHENNAI BEACH existing time of 10.25 is revised to 10.40 hrs
Renumbering and Change in destinations:
43847 AVADI – TIRUTTANI is now numbered as 43841and now will be from AVADI – ARAKKONAM
43403 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – ARAKKONAM JN is now numbered as 43503 and will now run from MOORE MARKET COMPLEX to TIRUTTANI
MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – AVADI Passenger Special is now numbered as 43871 and will run from MOORE MARKET COMPLEX to Pattabiram
42023 (MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI) is renumbered as 42417 and will run as (MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – SULLURUPETA)
42851 (VELACHERY – SULLURUPETA) is renumbered as 42653 (VELACHERY – GUMMIDIPOONDI)
Cancellation of trains
Train No. 66051 MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – AVADI leaving MMC at 14.05 hrs is cancelled from 01.07.19
Train No. 66052 AVADI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX leaving Avadi at 14.50 hrs is cancelled from 01.07.19
Train No.43844 ARAKKONAM JN- AVADI leaving Arakkonam at 23.20 hrs is cancelled from 31st June 2019
Train No.42451 GUMMIDIPOONDI – SULLURUPETA leaving at 04.40 hrs is cancelled from 01.07.19
Train No.42452 SULLURUPETA – GUMMIDIPOONDI leaving at 23.00 hrs is cancelled from 30.06.19
Extension / Merging of trains:
• Train No.43552 (TIRUTTANI – ARAKKONAM JN) and 43406 (ARAKKONAM JN– MOORE MARKET COMPLEX ) is now merged as 43502 (TIRUTTANI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX )
• Train No.43663 (VELACHERY – AVADI) and 43891 (AVADI –PATTABIRAM SIDING) is now merged as 43799 (VELACHERY – PATTABIRAM SIDING)
• Train No.43674 (AVADI – CHENNAI BEACH ) and 41105 (CHENNAI BEACH – VELACHERY) is now merged as 43624 (AVADI – VELACHERY)
• Train No.41110 (VELACHERY – CHENNAI BEACH ) and 43607 (CHENNAI BEACH – AVADI) is now merged as 43657 (VELACHERY – AVADI)
• 42039 (MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – GUMMIDIPOONDI) and 42451 (GUMMIDIPOONDI – SULLURUPETA) is now merged as 42427 (MOORE MARKET COMPLEX – SULLURUPETA)
• 42452 (SULLURUPETA – GUMMIDIPOONDI) and 42010 (GUMMIDIPOONDI – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX) is now merged as 42402 (SULLURUPETA – MOORE MARKET COMPLEX )
• 43663 (VELACHERY – AVADI) and 43891 (AVADI – PATTABIRAM SIDING) is now merged as 43799 (VELACHERY – PATTABIRAM SIDING)
• Pass. Spl (AVADI – CHENNAI BEACH ) and 41105 (CHENNAI BEACH – VELACHERY) is now merged as 43674 (AVADI – VELACHERY)
• 41110 (VELACHERY – CHENNAI BEACH ) and 43607 (CHENNAI BEACH – AVADI) is now merged as 43657 (VELACHERY – AVADI)
Source: Southern-Railway FB
Around 1,000 services are operated daily between 4:00 a.m. and midnight. It is the longest suburban circular route in India covering of 235.5 km (146.3 mi). Chennai Beach - Chennai Beach Circular Local.How to download railway time table? ›
Visit the RailMitra website www.railmitra.com or download the RailMitra app from the Play Store. Navigate to the 'Train Schedule' option. Enter Train Number or Train Name in the 'Train Schedule' box and select the desired train from the autosuggest options. Hit the 'Check Train Schedule' button.Is train time table changing? ›
Train Time Table 2022 – 2023 by East Coast Railway. THE NEW RAILWAY TIME TABLE WILL BE IMPLEMENTED FROM 1ST OCTOBER, 2022. CHANGES IN THE TIMINGS OF THE TRAINS, EXTENSION OF TRAINS, PROVISION OF EXPERIMENTAL STOPPAGES, RESTORATION OF TRAINS AND INTRODUCTION OF NEW TRAIN SERVICES HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN THE TIME TABLE.How to check local train time table? ›
If your concern is how to check train table, it is very easy, just login the IRCTC website, open up the time table of Indian Railways, fill up the train name or number and once clicked, it will give you all the details related to that specific train.How far in advance are train times released? ›
Typically, train companies release their Advance tickets 12 weeks before the departure date, although some go on sale as far as 24 weeks in advance!What are peak hours in Chennai suburban train? ›
The Southern Railway has removed travel restrictions imposed during peak hours (7 a.m. to 9.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. to 7 p.m.) and is allowing common public to travel by suburban trains.How to read train timetables? ›
To read a timetable, you first locate the column for the location you are interested in. Then you look for a time that is suitable so that you can get to wherever you need to go on time. You then look at the other columns for the row to find out what time you'll arrive at your desired location.Which app is best for railway time table? ›
- 1 Top 7 Railway Time Table Applications for Android and iPhone user (2023)
- 2 1. Where is my Train.
- 3 2. IRCTC Rail Connect.
- 4 3. RailYatra.
- 5 4. Ixigo Trains.
- 7 5. Goibibo.
- 8 6. UST – Rail Time Table Application.
a list of railway journeys arranged according to the time when they begin and end.Who sets train timetables? ›
Each train and freight company develops the timetable they would like to run in their area, and Network Rail coordinates all the different timetables.
We make a 'best effort' attempt to show information as accurately as possible. Sometimes, the data we receive isn't completely accurate. We try and correct information if we think it is incorrect but this isn't always possible.Why do trains stop for hours? ›
“In general, trains can occupy a crossing for various reasons,” the email stated, including when trains enter or exit busy rail yards, “servicing customers in your community, responding to certain track conditions, and/or building trains.Which train is fastest in India? ›
Fastest Train in India: The Vande Bharat Express is the fastest train in India and has the fastest top design and can reach the speed of 180 km/h (110 mph). Fastest train in India : The fastest train in India is the Vande Bharat Express, popularly known as Train 18.Can you track trains in real time? ›
Use the Track a Train map to follow your train on a map in near real-time and check when it will arrive at the next station (and all down line stations).How many days in advance should I book a train ticket? ›
You can reserve your ticket 60 days in advance, excluding the date of journey at the train originating station. At intermediate stations where the train arrives the following day, reservation can be done 61 days in advance. In the case of some intercity day express trains, the advance reservation period is less.Why are all trains sold out? ›
Why is there a sold out train? You'll likely see a sold out train because many rail companies set their trains to be 'reservations compulsory' during COVID-19. This ensured that a seat was given with every ticket, and allowed for social distancing.How to get discounts on train tickets? ›
- HOT DEAL. Check Indian Railway PNR Status Instantly. ...
- 5% OFF. Student Discount - Flat 5% OFF On Your Next Trip. ...
- 10% Cashback. IRCTC SBI Card Offer - Get 10% Valueback. ...
- 10% Cashback. Freecharge Offer : Get 10% Cashback Up To Rs 750 On Ixigo. ...
- 1% Cashback. ...
- 10% OFF. ...
- BEST PICKS. ...
- BEST PRICE.
They get crowded at specific hours but not to any extent of imagination can be compared with Mumbai crowd. In Chennai, you may board and alight with your own will and effort, but services are also not that faster and quicker like Mumbai, but definitely the fastest mode to reach your destination than road.How do you know if a train is peak? ›
Peak train times are generally between 06:30 and 09:30, and from 16:30 to 19:00. This is when the trains are busiest, with commuters travelling between work and home.What is the difference between peak and non peak hours? ›
'Peak electricity hours' refers to the specific time of day at which electrical consumption is at its highest, and electricity rates are their most expensive. Off-peak hours are when electricity demand is at its lowest, and electricity prices are at their cheapest.
Prevents wastage of time and energy: The timetable shows exactly what is to be done at a particular time. It, thus, directs the attention of the pupil to one thing at a time. Thus, one's energy is automatically directed in a particular direction which prevents wastage of time and energy.What is the best time table for reading? ›
8 AM to 10 PM:
If you do not go to school, College, coaching, etc. then you can study from 8 AM to 10 AM. If you want to divide them according to the subjects, Like one hour (8 - 9) for one subject and 9 to 10 for the second subject. Having read another subject, it remains interested in studies.
In railway timetables 24:00 means the end of the day. For example, a train due to arrive at a station during the last minute of a day arrives at 24:00; but trains which depart during the first minute of the day go at 00:00.What is the new app of Indian Railways? ›
IRCTC Rail Connect : Railway's Official Mobile App
IRCTC Connect is the latest FREE Android IRCTC official mobile app that allows you to perform Train Ticket Booking, Book Your meal via Mobile, Air Ticket booking and IRCTC Tourism etc via your mobile phone. Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corp. Ltd.
One can make bookings, proceed with cancellations, modify bookings, and check for the availability of train tickets. Key Features: Authorised IRCTC partner for ticket booking. Check PNR status and seat availability.
Our Trainman app is the highest rated train ticket booking app that can give an insight on the current position of the IRCTC train, its actual departure time vis-a-vis its touted departure time, the stations and distance it has covered till now, and when is it expected at the next prominent station, and accordingly ...Why is the train time table important? ›
An important function of a train timetable is to determine the plan of train arrival and departure time slots at stations, yards, terminals, and sidings, such that conflicts between different trains will not occur.How does rail timetabling work? ›
Each train and freight operating company develops the timetable they would like to run in their area, and Network Rail then coordinates all the different timetables to produce a single national rail timetable.Do train crews sleep on the train? ›
Does the Railroad Crew Sleep on the Train? People who work on a passenger train including the porters and other staff may have to stay onboard the train for up to 48 hours at a time. In these situations, the onboard crew will often sleep in a dormitory car on the train.What is the clock at a train station called? ›
A station clock is a clock at a railway station that provides a standard indication of time to both passengers and railway staff.
A train driver, engine driver, engineman or locomotive driver, commonly known as an engineer or railroad engineer in the United States and Canada, and also as a locomotive handler, locomotive engineer, locomotive operator, train operator, or motorman, is a person who operates a train, railcar, or other rail transport ...Are US trains always on time? ›
Fewer than half (46 percent) of long-distance trains arrive on time. They have an average delay of about 49 minutes, according to the analysis. Delays can be much longer on some trains, according to Amtrak's own data, which shows that one of every five long-distance trains arrives more than two hours late.Is there a train tracker app? ›
Train Tracker - Trainspotting Tool on the App Store.Does time move faster in a train? ›
Time doesn't slow inside the train. It only slows when you look at the train from outside the train. A mosquito flying inside the train or a passenger moving inside the train appears slower to an observer standing on the ground.Why are American trains always late? ›
Waiting for freight trains is the largest cause of delay to passengers. Freight train interference — a dispatching decision made by a freight railroad to delay Amtrak passengers so that freight trains can operate first — caused 1.1 million minutes (about 2 years) of delay in 2022.Why do trains honk so much? ›
The train whistle, or horn, is an important part of our safety practices. The horn alerts people that a train is approaching a railroad crossing. It can also be used to warn animals or trespassers in our right-of-way along a section of track.Why are trains slow at night? ›
Trains go slow at night to ensure safety due to reduced visibility, and to navigate through potentially hazardous areas. Trains do slow down at crossings to reduce the risk of accidents and to sound their horns to alert people.Which station is very busy in India? ›
New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS)
It handles an average of 4.5 lakh daily passenger footfalls and is a major hub for trains heading to North India.
On 15 October 2022, Vaigai Express set a new record for covering the distance of 495 km from Madurai to Chennai in 6 hours and 34 minutes.Which is the most slow train in India? ›
The Nilgiri Mountain Railway has been dubbed as the slowest train in India. Travelling at 9 kilometres per hour speed, the 'toy' train covers a distance of 46 kilometres in five long hours!
If you want to prepone or postpone the date of your journey, you should surrender your tickets during working hours of reservation office atleast forty eight hours before the scheduled departure of the train in which originally booked subject to restriction during 1st hour of advance reservation period opening if any.Do freight trains run at night or in the day? ›
Freight trains and passenger trains run when it's dark, they both need headlights to help the driver see the track ahead. After midnight, most rail traffic is freight trains; passenger trains are out of service to rest. Freight trains run at any time of day.How to track trains in usa? ›
The train location tracking map on Amtrak.com gives you train statuses, estimates of arrival times and even station information for every Amtrak train across the entire Amtrak system. That means the map covers coast to coast movements, 365 days a year and can be accessed 24 hours a day with just the click of a mouse.Do trains have cameras inside? ›
All trains have CCTV cameras on board which record clear, concise images of the highest quality. These images can be used for evidential purposes if required.Why is Amtrak so expensive? ›
Many of the lines don't make any money or are operated at a loss. To accommodate the money-losing routes, Amtrak uses profits from its popular lines, such as the Northeast Corridor. Since this is one of the most popular routes, Amtrak can charge higher prices and send those profits to other, less profitable lines.What time Chennai Central Metro start in morning? ›
At the moment, the Chennai Metro operates from 4:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. One train runs every 4-5 minutes during peak hours and every 15 minutes during off-peak hours.What is the timing of morning first train in Chennai Metro? ›
|CHENNAI CENTRAL TO AIRPORT|
|First train Starts from St. Thomas Mount to Chennai Central||05:52 AM||Frequency /Headway Every 14 Mins|
|Last train Starts from Chennai Central to St. Thomas Mount||09:58 PM|
|Last train Starts from St. Thomas Mount to Chennai Central||09:58 PM|
By India Today Web Desk: Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) on Wednesday announced that it will run its train services from 5 AM to 11 PM, instead of 5.30 AM to 11 PM, from Monday to Sunday.What is the timing of Deccan Express in morning? ›
About Train 11007 DECCAN EXPRESS
Train departs from Mumbai CSMT(CSMT) at 07:00 and reaches Pune Junction(PUNE) at 11:05. It takes 1 day to reach train 11007 from Mumbai CSMT(CSMT) to Pune Junction(PUNE) . DECCAN EXPRESS 11007 train passes through 10 major stations in 1 day to reach from Mumbai CSMT to Pune Junction .
Chennai metro timings are: 06:50 AM | 10:55 PM.
The Delhi Metro Rail is the largest and busiest metro network in India.Is luggage allowed in Chennai Metro? ›
Stand in queue. Limit your baggage to 15 kgs weight and size not exceeding 60 cm length X 45 cm breadth X25 cm height. Do not litter, Please use the dustbins. Please stand on the left side of the Escalator.How far is Chennai railway station from airport? ›
Tthe distance between Chennai Central and Anna International airport is around 20 Kms and the fastest options are a Cab or a Train, both take a minimum of 45 minutes.Does Chennai Metro work at night? ›
A CMRL official said they cannot operate night services, as they need that time for fleet maintenance. CMRL has 52 trains. “We have only four hours to conduct maintenance every night, which is already not enough.What time is the earliest Metro train? ›
The Los Angeles Metro Rail runs approximately from 4:30 am to 1:30 am, although the schedule varies depending on the line and day of the week. The frequency of trains is approximately between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the time.Is Chennai Metro free on Sunday? ›
Following the inauguration, Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) had announced that rides for all passengers taking the green or blue line will be free starting 2 pm on Sunday.What is the first and last metro timings in Chennai? ›
The Chennai Metro is functional on all seven days of the week from Mondays to Sundays between 5 am to 11 pm. The frequency of one train remains 4-5 minutes during peak hours and 15 minutes during lean hours.What is the time of first electric train in Chennai? ›
On April 2, 1931, the first electrically-operated railway service between Madras Beach and Tambaram was launched by Sir George Fredrick Stanley, the then governor of Madras.What time can I book train ticket online in morning? ›
You need to know that Indian Railways reservation has different travel classes and quotas with different counter timings. The general quota opens between 8 am to 8.30 am while the tatkal quota opens from 10 am to 10.30 am.What is the fare of DECCAN EXPRESS? ›
The requests for reservation at the reservation counters are accepted up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, after which, the reservation will be done at the current counters at the stations up to one hour before the scheduled departure of the train and thereafter by the Ticket Collector/Conductor ...